The results of the “Hidden Youth Study” and ” Internet Addiction Study” by the Governo da Região Administrativa Especial de Macau Instituto de Acção Social found that there was a need for services. In March 2016, Gabinete Coordenador Dos Serviços Sociais Sheng Kung Hui Macau was fortunate to undertake the contract,and we have started a pilot counselling service named S.K.H. “We-Connect” Hidden and Internet Addiction Youth Service Project. This project provides appropriate services to the youth and their families.
We are convinced that Teenagers have their expertise and potential. The project provides services and provides suitable development opportunities to meet their growth needs. Behind the behaviors of teenagers, they must be influenced by factors such as their psychological, family relationships and external environment. Therefore, the program must deal with and support the family to meet the special needs of them. Efforts to make them use their strengths and develop their strengths.
“Hidden” youth :
– Different forms of intervention to understand the causes behind the hiddenness of teenagers and to explore their potential to solve their difficulties in growing up;
– Provide enough space for teenagers to develop their unexplained or recognized abilities and enhance their self-confidence and self-image;
– Enhance public awareness of “Hidden”, increase positive social discussion on “Hidden” issues, reduce negative labeling, and make teenagers more adaptable to society.
The youth with “Internet addiction” :
– To help teenagers in solving their growing difficulties and avoid they solve the problems through online behavior ;
– Expand and consolidate the youth network, develop diverse interests, set positive life goals, and reduce youth access to the Internet Dependence.
– Education and promotion work, so that the public can correctly understand the characteristics and causes of Internet addiction and promote the prevention and treatment of related problems.
Family Support :
– Provide family counseling and group counseling to promote parent-child relationships and help promote positive change for children.
Mainly for child and adolescent in Macau, their families and the community :
- Child and adolescent of Macau (between 10 and 24 years old), which was :
- Hidden youth; means often at home (at least one month), or not participating in or interrupting social activities, or lack of communication with society;
- The youth with “Internet addiction”,means often indulging in online activities, affecting personal emotions, academic or work, family relationships (see the assessment scale for our website for more details);
- Parents who have children in the above situation and are troubled.